Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, February 7, 2014

Year 2 ~ Week Six: Quiet Calm

Focus on life in Feb 2014.... Dealing with Cabin Fever and the quiet calm of late (hopefully... wishful thinking?) winter!
What's currently blooming in my yard...  The play pen is my magnolia  the netting will not be removed until it's blooming otherwise the deer eat it!

I liked the green moss poking out from the snow... the green leaves (top right) belong to an EVIL weed... the roots run under the soil and it (the weed) will take over an entire garden in one summer... I don't care if it has pretty yellow flowers!

To see how other people are keeping calm in February click on the links below!

12 comments:

Becky Pancake said...

Lynn you have beautiful and interesting flowers.

Annette said...

I like seeing anything green right now! It's a wonder the pesky deer and evil weeds even make it through the winter.

Claire said...

Great photos! I think we have a similar weed that covers our lawn given half a chance...

Beti Horvath said...

Ha, the thumbnail fooled me! Nice green moss though. We were seeing that stuff last week, but not any more!

Mary K. McGraw said...

I hope you control that evil weed. I have more than my share.

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Good job protecting your magnolia! Didn't get around to posting this week since I spent the day in Tucson yesterday. Did I hear you were going earlier in the week? I was looking for seed beads but must have been in the wrong places since I got everything but!

Lola said...

Green moss! Oh how I miss thee! ;-) Beautiful pictures!

Sandi Volpe said...

Cool pictures!

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely pictures - I hope your Magnolia survives, they are beautiful trees.

Karin G said...

I always like to see a bit of green coming out of snow, concrete or anything else!

Nelly May said...

Moss is so beautiful isn't it? Makes for gorgeous contrast against the stark greys of winter.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh I like your huge metal flower! The green moss...love that bright color!