Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, February 28, 2014

Year 2 ~Week Nine: Macro Photo

Oops I just realized I had two week 6's the second one should have been week 8 Oh well I guess counting isn't one of my strong points! 

March's theme is checking out... SO....
 I walked outside yesterday with my camera heading for my forsythia which I think might have buds? Looked across a yard full of snow and came back in the house and took a picture of my cactus....  then tried to take orchid pictures... but they were shy and immediately started bouncing up and down to avoid the camera focusing on them.....

I can see the little pink wings on the orchid waving at me to go away!  Can't you?

To see how other people interpreted this weeks macro challenge & checking out... click on the links below!

16 comments:

thewovenspoke said...

It seems like this week is macros are cactus and flowers.

Annette said...

Oh those needles look sharp! Your orchid might be shy but she is a beautiful color! I didn't want to go outside to check out anything either!

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Great macro shots. Your cactus is a shout-out to your Tucson time. The colors in the orchid are breath-taking!

Claire said...

Stunning photos! The orchid looks like a pink space alien! Strangely beautiful...

Amy S. said...

I love these photos!! That pink orchid is just my favorite shade of pink!

Becky Pancake said...

Beautiful photos Lynn. I have never looked at a cactus that close. Your orchid is awesome.

Shel said...

I never tire of cactus or flower shots - and yours are super!

Sandi Volpe said...

Beautiful photos, I just love the bright pink!!

Alice said...

Fantastic photos! Its too cold here to get outside. The forecast calls for sleet,ice, and lot of snow this weekend.

AntiquityTravelers said...

beautiful macros! love the patterns in the orchid

Beti Horvath said...

Love both of your photos, too bad the orchids were not on their best behavior!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. I love your description of your orchids being camera shy... I'm glad you got the shot, it's gorgeous.

Karin G said...

Love that bright beautiful pink! Great pictures!

brokenteepee said...

I love the orchid - so vibrant

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely photos and perfect for this week's challenge - the orchid is the most beautiful colour, so vibrant, and I love the cactus, although it looks painfully sharp!

Empty nester at last said...

Don't you just hate it when nature won't cooperate with you! Love the cactus...one I would not want...I hate getting poked! Lovely pic though....